“We believe the longer-term infrastructure investment opportunity remains intact and has actually been enhanced by COVID-19. Infrastructure offers defensiveness with economic diversity. These attributes, coupled with a significant growth pipeline, create a very attractive long-term thematic for the sector despite the near-term concerns of COVID-19.”
- 0:49 – How data continues to show the defensive characteristics of listed infrastructure (even after a tumultuous year)
- 3:01 – Why the team believes the longer-term infrastructure investment opportunity has actually been enhanced by COVID-19
- 5:49 – The significant buying opportunity in airports right now
- 7:48 – 4D’s view on interest rates and inflation in the coming year, and the impact on infrastructure assets
- 9:42 – A reminder on infrastructure’s two main sub-sectors – regulated utilities and user-pay assets – and how they are likely to perform in 2021
The content contained in this audio represents the opinions of the speakers. The speakers may hold either long or short positions in securities of various companies discussed in the audio. This commentary in no way constitutes a solicitation of business or investment advice. It is intended solely as an avenue for the speakers to express their personal views on investing and for the entertainment of the listener.